© Robert Lawton

The site of the Civic Center includes the spot at Liberty Street and Jefferson Street where Moses and Lucy Pettengill lived from 1836 to 1862; that house was part of the Underground Railroad and Moses was also an Underground Railroad "conductor". In 1862 the Pettingills moved out of downtown and to Moss Avenue, where the present Pettengill–Morron House was built in 1868. The downtown home was demolished in 1910 to make way for the Jefferson Hotel. The hotel, in turn, was imploded in 1978 to make way for the Civic Center. (Wikipedia)

Wikipedia Peoria_Civic_Center
Capacity 2244
Address 201 SW Jefferson St , Peoria, IL, USA
Opening year 1982, June 6th
Official website https://www.peoriaciviccenter.com/